Farwa is a Postdoctoral Research Associate for ESID
Farwa joined the ESID Team in 2020 and her current research supports the on-going projects on Oil Governance and Pockets of Effectiveness. Her research interests include comparative development, Industrial policy, the evolving role of corporations, late-capitalism and the changing landscape of development assistance especially in relation to the private sector. She is the co-convenor of D-Econ, DSA Business and Development Group and co-editor of Developing Economics. She was previously working as a Senior Teaching Fellow at SOAS in the Department of Economics and Development Studies and as a consultant for DFID-funded, SOAS-led programme SOAS-ACE.
- Sial, F (2020). ‘Informality and lead firm dominance in the sub-contracting chain: The case of Tanzanian trucking firms,’ Geoforum, 111:105-115. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoforum.2020.03.011
- Our Economy (2019) Debating the rise of state capitalism: a nuanced approach
- Mint Magazine (2019) with Ingrid Kvangraven, and Carolina Alves Hardcore Peripheries
- Open Democracy (2018) with Carolina Alves Why thinking Positive will not get you out of Poverty
- Global Village Space (2018) BRI: Responses of the US and EU
Member: Reteaching Economics