- State infrastructural power and social transfers: The local politics of distribution and delivering ‘progress’ in Ethiopia
- Carrot, stick and statute: Elite strategies and contested dominance in Kampala
- The politics of shelter: Understanding outcomes in three African cities
- Resource nationalism: Enabler or spoiler of pockets of effectiveness in ‘new oil’ Tanzania’s petroleum sector?
- The political economy of automotive industry development policy in middle income countries: A comparative analysis of Egypt, India, South Africa and Turkey
- The politics of distributing social transfers in Oromiya, Ethiopia: Encadrement and the fluctuation of state infrastructural power
Latest blog posts
- Profile of a Research Associate – Nicolai Schulz
- The impact of Covid-19 on oil and gas producers in developing countries
- ESID at DSA2020 Conference Online – New Leadership for Global Challenges
- Zambia’s response to Covid-19 Part 2: ‘We have to choose life or livelihood or both’
- What’s driven Uganda’s Public Water Corporation’s inadequate response to the Covid-19 crisis?
- WATCH: In country expert, Imran Matin, on Bangladesh’s response to Covid-19