- The politics of governing oil after ‘best-practice’ reforms: Can ‘pockets of effectiveness’ survive within Uganda’s political settlement?
- Dominating Dhaka
- Will South Asia achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030? Learning from the MDGs experience
- The threat of student movements in Bangladesh: Injustice, infiltrators and regime change
- Political settlement and the politics of legitimation in countries undergoing democratisation: Insights from Tanzania
- The rise of the economic technocracy in Rwanda: A case of a bureaucratic pocket of effectiveness or state-building prioritisation?
Latest blog posts
- Professor Catherine Boone gives final Adrian Leftwich Memorial Lecture as it is handed over to York
- Open access book: Read an extract from The Politics of Social Protection in Eastern and Southern Africa
- PODCAST – Dr Kate Pruce with insights on her chapter in new social protection book
- NEW OPEN ACCESS BOOK OUT TODAY
- A taster of today’s lecture – Do socio-economic cleavages matter for development in African countries?
- JOB OPPORTUNITY